Balinese Cooking Class
Every Monday and Thursday, RP 1,000,000
Market Tour Included
This class is by Balinese Chef Putu and team
Seasonal, poultry, meats, fish and organic vegetables used.
Special: Bebek Betutu (Spice Duck)
Bali is a wonder of the world in its own rights. Ancient traditions, tropical beaches, lush green forest, towered by the giant volcano Mt Agung. Bali has been a paradise for travelers for decades and in which time it has grown their culinary delights to the peak of success.
The understanding of the colorful ingredients matching certain gods, how the food is first offered to the sprits and gods before consumption, how the sacrifice of animals to higher forces at special ceremonies has all contributed the evolution of there beloved ancient Hindu cuisine,
Balinese cooking has an extremely wide range of fresh produce, fruits, vegetables, fish meats and spices.
The Balinese taste is very spicy with hints of sweat and sour, some bitter and a little salt is used, bumbu paste, is the word used for mixed spices pounded down in the cobek, volcanic stone (pestle & mortar.) These bumbu pastes are then used in a variety off dishes, from coating fish and meats before grilling, to spicing up soups and stews.
In this class we will explain the essence of Balinese’s cooking, step by step with Chef Putu.
The whole morning will be spent the cookery school in Sanur, it’s a fun day of sharing knowledge and stories with a beautiful lunch to finish.
|Meeting Points at:||Mc. Donald Jimbaran at 8.00am|
|Bintang Supermarket Seminyak at 8.15am|
|Seminyak square, The Spicery Deli and Bistro, 1st floor 8.30am|
|Swastiastu||09.00am, the day starts at the house with constructing your own canang (offering basket) and understanding the Hindu color cart|
|Treats served||Coffee tea and tropical fruit juices, rice cakes|
|Talk||About the Balinese culture, history, ceremonies’ and offerings|
|Spice introduction||fresh roots rhizomes, chilies, Indonesian plants, seeds, flowers and barks|
|The art of spice paste||Bumbu and sambel sauces, sate peanut sauce, (very hands on class)|
|Creating enchant dish||alongside knowledgeable chefs with mouthwatering affects|
|Breaking bread||Lunch 13.30 am sharing your wonderful hard work “selamat makan”|
|Pulang||home time 15.00 pm|
- Rate: IDR 1,000,000nett per person
- Includes transport from pick up points, class, beverages, snacks, lunch, recipe book
- Hotel pick up is subject to additional charge
- If the guests wanted class with no tour, meeting point only at Seminyak square, The Spicery Deli and Bistro 1st floor at 11 AM. the price IDR 900,000 net / person
For booking or further information about this cooking class, please call +62-812-4655-2549 or email email@example.com
Menu with seasonal market availability
- Sambel ulek, sambel matah, sambel goreng (spicy sauces)
- Bumbu kuning, bumbu pedas,bumbu base gede, bumbu sate (spice paste, peanut sauce)
- Bebek betutu (duck or chicken roasted in the banana leafs with mixed spices)
- Perkedel fritter (corn and egg fritters)
- Soto ayam, (spicy chicken and glass noodle soup)
- Nasi goreng (fried rice, with chicken prawn, vegetable and egg)
- Nasi kuning (yellow turmeric & coconut rice)
- Lawar salad (mix of coconut, green papaya, snake bean, chicken/ pork and bumbu paste)
- Pecelan/ gado-gado (vegetables with peanut sauce)
- Ayam Lalapan (crispy fried chicken in yellow spice paste)
- Tum (chicken peaces stuffed in to the banana leafs and flame grilled)
- Satay lilit (chicken, pork, fish minced in to patty with bumbu paste and grilled on sewer)
- Satay ayam (chicken sate sticks marinated in soya tamarind and chili)
- Be ceeng base manis (pork in sweat soya sauce)
- Kambing mekuah (lamb stew with spicy coconut sauce)
- Bubuh injin (Black rice pudding)
- Pandan coconut pancakes with shredded coconut, gula merah sugar and cream
- Pisang goreng (banana fritters in coconut batter)