Chef Dean South Asian Class – RP 1,250,000
Class is every Friday
Chef Dean will educate you in the history and appreciation of the spice with his Balinese team.
Seasonal Fish, shellfish, poultry, meats and organic vegetables used.
The Indonesian archipelago (The Spice Islands), form the early time of Arab traders 500 AD to the Dutch East Indian company 1600s to the enriched flavored cuisines used today, spice has had a irresistible lure that has contributed to the history of the world. Indonesia lies just south of the equator smack in the middle of the tropics, the humid climate deep ocean currents and volcanic heights of up to 4000 feet above sea level allows mother nature to create some of the most beautiful ingredients on the planet .
In this day’s session we have dug up south Asia’s archives to bring you a new world of treasures, you will learn how to identify, sense, and prepare all there gorgeous wonders.
- (Myristica fragrant) nutmeg and mace, native to Banda islands Maluku
- (Syzygium aromaticum) Clove, native to Ternate and Tidore islands Maluku
- (Pipe nigrum) black pepper, native to Lampung , Sumatra
- (Cinnamomum cassia) cinnamon cassia bark, native to Burma
- (Alpinia species) galangal, native to java
- and many more
In this class we will introduce you to a seductive entourage of south Asian finest ingredients, you will learn how to make a full range of spice mixes, curry’s, soups & sauces. Cut chickens, fillet fish and prepare a full range of shellfish: ie Snapper, grouper, mahi mahi, tuna, squid, octopus, crab, prawns, Chicken, duck, pork.
Itinerary & Pick up points
Visiting Pasar Badung market in the heart of Denpasar city 9:00
Bali’s most vibrant traditional market with lot to offer fresh island fruits and vegetables, locally court fish and seafood’s, fresh meats, heavenly spices, coffee, cacao, seaweeds, rice cakes and much more, there no better place to start the day grocery shopping than at this pulsating hassle & bustle market.
Refreshments at the house (cooking school) 10:30
Serving freshly baked flat breads, coconut oil and spice dips, and tropical mountain fruit juices.
Talk and explanation on Asian spices, with a little history geography and some great facts
Hands on, making spice pastes, masala, curry’s, soups & sauces
Sleaves up Mise en place, (preparation time)
Cut chickens, fillet fish and prepare a full range of shellfish: and prepare lunch, with chef Dean and his team
Gastronomic lunch 2:30
In joy the fruits of your labor with a wonderful leisurely lunch bon appetite!
Pulang, home time 3:30
|Meeting Points at:||Mc. Donald Jimbaran at 8.00am|
|Bintang Supermarket Seminyak at 8.15am|
|Bali Bakery, Seminyak Square at 8.30am|
|10.00am||Badung Market Tour|
|11.30am||Balinese Poultry Cooking Class|
|03.00pm||Lunch at Dean Bali Cooking School|
|04.30pm||Drop off service to your hotel|
- Rate: IDR 1,250,000nett per person
- Includes transport from pick up points, class, beverages, snacks, lunch, recipe book & Free flow cocktails, beers & juices throughout the class
- Hotel pick up is subject to additional charge
- If the guests wanted class with no tour, meeting point only at Seminyak Square, The Spicery Deli and Bistro 1st floor at 11 AM. the price IDR 1,150,000 net / person
- For booking or further information about this cooking class, please call +62-812-4655-2549 or email email@example.com